Saturday, February 20, 2010

Curly hair products - what do you recommend?

i have medium length curly hair, it's layered to take out some of the bulk. what products should I use to keep the curls w/out it getting frizzy? sometimes it looks great and other times i just want to wear a hat. i can't seem to get the styling right.Curly hair products - what do you recommend?
I use a curl booster and it works wonders! I just use a simple one called ';Curl Head'; (or something like that) from Sally Beauty. It comes in an orange bottle w/ a purple nozzle. Any curl booster will help your hair have perfect looking curls! As for the frizz, I use a little bit of hair spray, maybe some moose or anti-frizzing serum (brand doesn't matter). Texturizer is also a good product for any kind of hair!





Oh, and a side note (I just remembered this)... when drying your hair... only pat it with a 100% cotton t-shirt. This reduces frizz (compared to using a towel and/or blow dryer). Add whatever product you want and let it air dry. Then style and use product when your hair is dry.Curly hair products - what do you recommend?
Aveda makes a product line called Be Curly which includes a Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling lotion and Curl smoother. I have heard great things about it. Most people recommend mixing the Styling lotion with a firm old gel, scrunching it into your hair, and then letting your hair air dry. After it drys you can use the curl smoother to remove the frizz.





I have also heard good things about a product called Deva Curl, but don't know a lot of people that use it.
Try Mousse...I'm currently using Suave Professionals Scrunching Mousse. They also have the shampoo and conditioner for healthy curls, you should try it or any other mousse you prefer.
My daughter has very curly hair. I started her using pantene for women of color and her hair is so pretty. Good Luck.
KMS is the bet stuff to use...i havent personally tried it but a friend has and she swears by it
Garnier Fruticis Style Curl shaping spray gel works great for me!





Hope i helped :D

No comments:

Post a Comment