Monday, February 22, 2010

Curly hair products?

What kind of product can I use for my curly hair? I dont want anything that makes it sticky, or greasy. Is gel better than mousse? ThanksCurly hair products?
yes gel is better than mousse. for me at least. and i have curly hair...


what i like to do is spray in a leave- in conditioner after i shampoo, condition, and towel dry my hair. next i finger-comb ';Pantene pro-V Styling Gel For Curls'; from about 3/4 down form the roots to my tips, adding a little extra to the bottom. Then i scrunch it and let it mostly dry. when it's almost dry, i lightly spray it with '; John Frieda ';frizz ease'; dream curls curl perfecter'; and scrunch again. this last step adds pep and shine to my curls, while reducing frizz.





one of my biggest pet peeves is when my curls get ';crispy'; either from using too much product or the wrong product(s). never use hairspray on your curls or anything alcohol based. these will dry out your hair and make it crunchy-crispy. sometimes they go a different direction and get greasy, this usually stems from using too much product or applying product sloppily ( big gobs of gel in some places while others remain ungelled).





you just have to experiment and find the perfect mix of products and amount of products for your personal hair. it's taken me almost six months to find the perfect hair regimen for myself. be patient and dont give up. there's a product out there for everyone!!





i'm also a fan or garnier fructis fortifying deep conditioner. ;)Curly hair products?
You may also want to try ouidad products - go to ouidad.com


They are a little pricey but at least they create products for every type of curly hair.





I too prefer gel over mousse, but with a good hair diffuser, you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment